Thursday 14 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Well its 2010, Happy New Year to my followers on the blog!
What a start to the year it has been! We have been snowed in here at Ganol since 3rd Jan. I think we are all getting a bit tired of it now and thankfully there seems to be a sign of thawing today, Hurrah!

Doncel has enjoyed cavorting in the snow...



....Unaware that us humans have had to carry every drop of water from the house for the last eleven days to twelve horses. Keeps you fit, I guess...

Finishing the last of my 2009 commissions this wek and working on a painting that will be presented at the Welsh Pony and Cob Society's AGM in March. This is an annual prize that I donate to the Society, and is awarded to the supreme Champion of each section in turn at the Royal Welsh Show. This time it was the turn of the Section Cs and I am very happy to be painting Fronarth Robben, Section C Stallion for the Jones family of Fronarth stud. I will post the painting when it is completed and has been presented.

This year is the turn of the Section Ds, the Cobs! So I will be looking for a spectacular action painting if possible.

Other work in progress includes work for my portfolio presentation at the Society of Equesrian Artists AGM in April, which is followed shortly after by a solo exhibition in Cardigan so I am going to be very busy!

We are starting to break in our section D stallion Ant (Panteryrod Royal Anthem) and are expectingthe first two foals by him in June.

Our little section A mare "Pudding" (Birchcourt Debutante) is blossoming and also due to foal June to our section A stallion Bolgoed Joyful Jester (Hamish) so a very exciting year in prospect.

I hope to hold a workshop in July/August so with luck there will be plenty of cute little models around for people to work from!

More on the SEA Open Exhibition soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this form to ask any question or make comments about my work. I look forward to hearing from you.