Friday 28 September 2012

No Three - Colossus

Have had trouble getting back to the easel for one reason or another since my trip to Somerset.  
But I had such a good time meeting with like minded PRE enthusiasts and collecting lots and lots of reference materials for a new set of Spanish Horse paintings! More on that later! 

Posting number three in the "daily" paintings series, where I get to experiment and paint whatever I fancy! It is also a great way to start the day, before moving on to the larger piecesthat I am working on. These pieces are all (so far) in acrylics which is a new medium for me. Or at lest one that I used a little when I was younger but could not get on with. Now I am really enjoying learning about the paint and how it handles and how to mix the colour palette I need.
This little one, 5" x 7" is a miniature shetland called Colossus, and belongs to a lovely lady called Debbie Wright who kindly allowed me to use her photo. Thank you Debbie. I loved the challenge of the unusual angle and soft colours, and enjoyed trying to capture this little chap's character so close in. 
Debbie amongst many other things, - she is a talented lady! - breeds these cuties and you can see more of them on her blog, Hericus Miniature Shetlands


Number Three "Colossus" 5" x 7" Acrylic on panel £55 plus £1.99 p&p
SOLD

Each painting is signed, and on the reverse it will be numbered, dated and titled. You can buy via paypal either through your own account or just using a credit/debit card. Your painting will be carefully wrapped to keep it safe and posted to you. If you wish to pay by another method, or if you are outside the UK and want a quote for postage or have any questions please do contact me by email debbie@debbiedunbar.co.uk
In the event that two people buy the painting using the buy it now button the first person to purchase will be the new owner and I will make a full refund to the other party immediately I am made aware of the problem. I hope this will not happen but if it does my apologies.


1 comment:

  1. Debbie, you've captured him beautifully. Amazing picture. Colossus is over on my blog.;- http://hericusminiatureshetlandstud.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please use this form to ask any question or make comments about my work. I look forward to hearing from you.